Building And Pest Inspection Sunshine Coast
No matter if you’re entering the property market for the first time or are an experienced investor, one thing you should always budget for is a building and pest inspection. At A1 Building and Pest Consultancy, our building and pest inspections on the Sunshine Coast offer exceptional reporting to help you make informed decisions before buying.
Unlike other Sunshine Coast building inspection companies, our highly skilled team is made up of architectural engineers and civil engineers. This level of expertise is unmatched and ensures that you are provided with all the essential information you need about a property.
For pre-purchase building and pest inspections on the Sunshine Coast that are based on unbiased opinion and technical expertise, call A1 Building and Pest Consultancy.
Do I Really Need A Pest And Building Inspection?
There is no rule that says you must have a pest and building inspection report done on a property prior to purchase. It is, however, highly recommended that you do so.
A detailed inspection can identify issues and risks that may influence your purchasing decision. Saving you from making unpleasant and expensive discoveries when it is already too late.
Electing to arrange a pre-purchase building and pest inspection can help a buyer to:
- Identify in advance any issues a property has with pests or with structural defects.
- Negotiate a better purchase price for a property by taking into account required repair costs and leveraging this during negotiations.
- Decide whether or not they need to pursue advice from other experts on how any issues may impact the property in the future and what the associated risks are.
- Organise more in-depth termite inspections or timber pest inspections if needed.
What To Expect During Building Inspections On The Sunshine Coast
A pre-purchase building inspection is solely dedicated to identifying and reporting on major defects that compromise the structural integrity of a building.
Building inspections involve reviewing the interior and exterior of the building, the roof void/roof cavities, under-floor space and roof exterior and should be carried out by a qualified building inspector.
During a pre-purchase inspection a building inspector will check:
- Whether all doors and windows open
- That all built-in cabinets open and close properly
- For the presence of smoke alarms (visual inspection only)
- For any active water leaks
- For signs of rising damp and mould, including areas where this may have been painted over in efforts to disguise it
- That floors, walls and ceilings are both safe and level – any warps, bulges or sagging will be noted
- Retaining walls
- Exterior walls for major structural damage, marking any cracking or subsidence
- Review the safety and age of the circuitry and whether there is a safety switch
- Major safety hazards such as staircases, flooring (slip hazards), balustrades, and more
- The roof frame, roofing, guttering, and drainpipes for damage or evidence of leaks
- The underfloor or beneath the property for proper ventilation and drainage
Things We Do Not Inspect
Building inspectors do not generally check:
- Swimming pools (pool safety inspections can be carried out upon request)
- Air conditioning units or compressors for functionality
- Whether there are functioning smoke alarms
- Taps and under sink plumbing for leaks, rust, or damage
- Gas fittings
- Toilets to ensure they are operational and without fault
- The age of hot water system whether there are signs of rust or leaks
- For the presence of asbestos
- The presence of drug residues such as that found in meth testing
As a building report will not address non-structural defects, it is important a buyer checks the things listed above themselves.
Additionally, it is important to keep in mind that a building inspector cannot make guarantees regarding the structural soundness of a building.
Pest Inspections - Sunshine Coast Inspection Process
Not limited to only seeking out active termite activity, our Sunshine Coast inspectors are also on the lookout for any signs of active or past infestations of ants, spiders, cockroaches, fleas, bed bugs, and more.
To enable even more thorough inspections, our pest inspector will use the latest technology available, including Termatrac motion detectors, which can find termite activity inside the walls, floors, and ceiling. A moisture meter, and/or a thermal sensor/imaging device may also be used.
To identify pest or termite infestations, our qualified inspectors look for:
- Signs of rodent or possum activity
- The presence of dead pests such as cockroaches inside cupboards
- Droppings, track marks and pest-related odours
- Broken or damaged items and holes in timber
- Nests both inside and outside the property
- Live insect activity such as flying termites or discarded wings
Quality Reports Within 24 Hours
Following one of our thorough inspections, you can expect to receive your Sunshine Coast building and pest reports within 24 hours. Should the reporting be needed sooner due to time sensitivities, this can be negotiated also.
All reports are written by your Sunshine Coast inspector, not outsourced, so you can trust the details they contain and the intention behind the reporting.
Should you have any additional queries or concerns regarding your detailed report, we offer in-person or phone appointments to discuss our findings.
How Much Do Building And Pest Inspections On The Sunshine Coast Cost?
At A1 Building and Pest Consultancy, our building and pest inspection on the Sunshine Coast are priced in accordance with our skill level, years of expertise and quality of reporting. The final price will be determined based on the size of the premises being inspected.
Our indicative pricing is as follows:
1 bedroom apartment
up to 80sqm –
2 bedroom apartment
up to 120sqm –
3 bedroom house/apartment
4 bedroom house/apartment
5 bedroom house/apartment
To obtain an accurate obligation-free quote that is based on your property, simply contact our friendly team who will tailor the pricing accordingly.
Trusted Pest And Building Inspections Sunshine Coast
At A1 Building and Pest Consultancy, we are licensed, fully insured and registered members of the Master Builders Association and the Institute of Building Consultants.