Building Stage Inspections
What You Need to Know About Building Stage Inspections
You can ensure that your new home is built to a high standard and meets compliance with our comprehensive building stage inspections. Our qualified inspectors have extensive industry experience in residential and commercial building construction, inspection and consultancy services. We provide an independent, honest and exhaustive assessment of new builds which can prevent major, expensive problems occurring in the future.
Tips for building stage inspections
Consider our tips below to get the most value out of a new build inspection.
- Plan ahead: Hire our professional inspectors before you even start your new build to ensure that they are available and can meet your requirements. By planning ahead and ensuring an inspection at every stage, you can prevent any delays in your construction timeline.
- Hire professionals: Ensure you hire experienced, qualified inspectors who will pick up small issues before they become major structural defects. Our professional inspectors are qualified engineers with more than 15 years of experience and hold a QBCC builders licence.
- Keep a paper trail: Your building inspections should result in a comprehensive report that details every stage of construction from before pouring the foundation through to an assessment of the completed project. We provide you with a report for each step of the build so that you can refer to it at any time.
What You Can Expect from A1 Building & Pest Consultancy Regarding Building Stage Inspections
We provide comprehensive new home inspections which cover all the essential stages of construction, including:
- Slab inspection: A concrete slab inspection is essential to ensure that your home is on a solid foundation and to prevent structural issues. These issues could include internal and external cracked walls and floor tiles, among other costly problems.
- Timber frame inspection: Our timber framing inspection includes making sure that your walls are straight, the frame is fitted correctly on the slab, that there is no cracked concrete and your roof truss is installed and trussed correctly. By checking the framing of your home during construction, you can prevent any follow-on effect, which can cause issues as the build progresses.
- Lock-up inspection: The lock-up inspection is to check the external cladding or brickwork of your new home and to ensure that it meets the code. We inspect the roof covering and flashing, doors and more to ascertain if your house is watertight and safe.
When your home is complete, we do a final handover inspection and inspect every part of your new build.
About A1 Building & Pest Consultancy
Our knowledgeable, skilled and highly qualified inspectors provide a friendly, reliable and honest service. We provide impartial home inspections and comprehensive reports using the latest technology and pay attention to detail. You can be confident that your new build will meet compliance from pre-slab to completion with our building stage inspections. Our professionals are qualified engineers, hold a QBCC builders license and dedicate themselves to ongoing education. Contact us to book an experienced and professional inspector for your new build.